This is the second time, I am being chosen for an award. I had mentioned in the first award post that never have I expected awards. Hence it is great joy that I have received something that I never expected. Thank you Princess.
La sua principessa (http://lasuaprincipessa.wordpress.com/) aka Princess as I call her, is very kind to me and I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for the same. Her blog is a reflection of her personal self and I am a kind of person who likes reading and knowing other people’s life though I am not very keen about sharing my personal details. I think it’s very brave of her to do so. I wish her all the very best in life and hope she finds herself midst the best opportunities and moments in life. I hope everyone passes by her blog, cos she has one of the most beautiful blogs that I have seen here.
So moving ahead, Ctrl + C -ing and Ctrl + V -ing the rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the Liebster Award presenter who nominated you and link back to his or her blog. (Done)
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate small (no more than 200 followers) blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know that they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag-backs, meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.
11 Facts about me ( Though I am not really comfortable with this, I wouldn’t lie…)
1. This is my second blog. First one being in google blogspot with the same name.
2. I started writing couple of years back. Reason why I started, I will mention it as an answer to a question.
3. Except my very close friends (the count doesn’t go more than 5 – 6), nobody connected to me in real life knows that I write or I am a blogger. Not my parents, sister, none of my cousins, colleagues … none of them knows I write or blog.
4. I am a member of couple of automotive forums, for which I take pride. Driving has been a passion since my childhood.
5. Mumbai was the place where I grew up and I still have a faint memory of each and every street of that place, even though its been more than a decade. That is how much I was attached to the place.
6. My life has revolved much around friends. From my early days, I was blessed with great friends and they have been my backbone. I cannot imagine a life without them. I have changed my leave plans to match the schedule of my friends so that I could meet them, go out with them and laugh with them cos I rarely get a chance to do so. A thing which regret very much in life.
7. I want to quit my job in 2-3 years time and change my field of work to something I love. I know, I will be too old by then but its worth giving a try I guess.
8. My favorite post out of all my posts are the first two posts, namely Cry of an ailing planet and Just another day … I had done a lot of preparation and lot of efforts went into it. I feel they are the best I have ever written.
9. I forget all my worries and leave all my thoughts aside when I am on a Royal Enfield 350 standard (Bullet). People think I am kidding and just showing off myself as an automotive enthusiast, but the reality is that the moment I kick start a bullet I cannot think of anything other than the ride and the sound of the bullet. I was not so passionate about Royal Enfield till I drove my cousins Bullet. Bullet is amazing, I love that thing. It’s more than a machine.
10. I have been to many places, some places in India and some outside. Currently I don’t reside in India. I don’t know why I am very much attached to my country. No its not about my parents or relatives, or anybody else. I think India has that gravitational pull effect on me. I know the politics is bad, its over populated, corrupt and crowded, but I still have an attachment towards India. I don’t know if it will change but as of now I am in love with India. I think its because of the beautiful places that I am yet to visit in India. Not sure though.
11. One of my dream from childhood was to walk along a lonely road with trees on both the sides, walk on flower and leaves carpeted road. I have seen this dream many times and I have lived this dream once in Mumbai, but I was on my bicycle (not walking) but rest of the scenario matched as in those days, Mumbai was not this crowded and my house was at a great location.
So now that I am done with myself, let me move on to answering questions what Princess has for me:
1. Why did I start blogging?
Initially I looked at blogging as a source of earning money part time, now I don’t bother about the money part. I just blog. (answer to 2nd point in about myself)
2.What is my all time favorite song?
I can’t think of anything as such but now what comes in my mind quickly is ‘Save the best for last – Vanessa Williams’ . I have used that phrase couple of times in my write ups also. I feel its a beautiful song as I have seen couple of good things happening after toiling long enough.
3. My favorite travel destination and Why?
I want to travel the world, But still Kerala (my native place) remains the best travel destination for me. I haven’t explored even 1% of what that state has to offer in terms of attractive and scenic places. I hope I can in the near future.
4. Marriage or Live-in relationships and Why?
As long as I am with the right person, any of this is ok. The reason being that the person with me is important and the remaining things are secondary and I wouldn’t think much about it. As of now I feel so.
5. If I could change one thing about myself, What would that be?
I am a bit over-conscious. A thing inherited from my mother. I get tensed at small things and start imagining problems that are far from reality/that never exist.
6. Dogs or cat and Why?
I had a cat as my pet when I was young. My mother was lucky to have a dog and a cat as her pets when she was young. But I personally wouldn’t mind both, though preference would be a dog. Reason – I never had a dog as my pet.
7. How would you describe your childhood?
My childhood was alright. But it could have been way better. Way way better…
8. Tell us about your first crush?
Pardon me, I still don’t get the meaning of crush. Is it the girl I have approached or Is it the secret admiration for a girl? OK, lets make this a bit weird. When I was in school, I really found a young teacher who joined, very attractive. I was may be 13 and she 20-21 (mind you this is in 90’s). And that’s it. Recently I happened to talk to her and I told her this , she was shocked and I explained how stupid boys are in their teenage. We laughed over it. It was pleasant feeling.
9. Has my life turned out to be as I planned / wished?
No. It was filled up with surprises, good and bad ones. But alas, I am alive and I am breathing. Hence its OK. My project manager always says that, the best plan is the activity that is never planned. I am a fan of his words and him also.
10. If I won a lottery, what would I do of the extra money?
Depends on the amount and my circumstances. I might save it for later because the best and worst times are yet to come.
11. Do you blog anonymously or with your real name and Why?
I blog with my real name. I would wish to blog anonymously but then, no that’s not me. As of now I have never blogged anonymously and I don’t see myself doing so in future also. May be that is because my blog post except this doesn’t contain much of my personal details, hence I don’t feel insecure.
Questions for nominees:
1. Are you addicted to something? If yes, What? (other than alcohol, cigars and drugs)
2. What does money mean to you? Why? (No one liners please)
3. What is your passion? What do you like to do the most apart from eating and sleeping?
4. What quality of your best friend/friends do you admire?
5. Have you ever felt guilty for doing something in life, that keeps troubling you even now?
6. What is that one good thing that you can proudly say to anyone about yourself, I mean a lesson from your life that people can learn?
7. Have you ever been in a relationship with someone? If yes What did you learn/admire / hate about being in a relationship ?
8. Whom do you admire the most in your family? (Doesn’t need to be your parents or siblings, can be cousins or anyone in the family)
9.What kind of person are you? (Funny/humorous/serious/shy…….)
10. If you were given a chance to go out on a dinner with, Who would that lucky one be?
11. Which is your favorite post from your blog? If I would insist that you pick one out of the lot, Which one would that be?
I would try and nominate different people from the last as much as I can. So my nominees are:
1. A Regular Indian Girl – http://aregularindiangirl.wordpress.com/
2. Abhilasha – http://mysilentescapes.wordpress.com/
3. Deepti – http://dfsk.wordpress.com/
4. Shweta – http://shwetashirodaria.wordpress.com/
5. Meena – http://thehappimessblog.wordpress.com/
(sorry people for not remembering all the names)
Happy blogging everyone… 🙂