(This is a post from a follower’s point of view and these are my opinions. Its subjective, People with disagreement can comment and I will be happy to read, understand and reply to it 🙂 )
- I was thinking what the urgent press for having such a post was? Well, I was driving 15 kms to and 15 kms fro to watch the World Cup and through wee hours and pitch darkness and through the traffic congestion which I would on any cost otherwise avoid. I have taken pains to watch this world cup. I have done that before for football and I will do it any day.
- I have sat in my office meeting with eyes about to close due to the fatigue and sleeplessness. Sitting next to the manager with drowsy eyes and attending an important meeting can put an end to my job.
- I have received more than 500 messages on the day Brasil lost, just funny meme’s and jokes; slaughter it was from all the side. (which is quite a fun as I do the same and I take it in a creative way)
- I am going to write what I felt about the overall Brasilian team in the current year WC. Having seen Brasil play more than 12-14 years, to see them lose this bad was a bit hard for me. I am not a follower of Brasilian team because mmm….let’s say I like Schumacher cos he wins always. Naa..none of that. I have grown up watching Brasil play and I have always supported them right from my childhood. So I was, am and will continue to be a Brasil fan.
My view point
- The first game against Croatia screamed about the quality of Brasilian team. Trust me, I sadly knew it then they are not winning the World cup.
- Scolari is an amazing coach. Who else could take a bunch of new kids and push them up till Semi-finals. I have no doubt about that, but come on; you can’t underestimate the other teams and put up an inexperienced team like this for them to score easy winners.
- The year 2002 took Brasilian team to victory, under Scolari’s management. Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Roberto Carlos, Cafu etc were more than enough. Anyone could just stand there and tell them to play their game and still they would have won the WC hands down.
Now my certain observations regarding Brasilian national team hoping that this would help them do well in the future, as a person who admires them I always want them to get better and play creative football like before.
- As a coach, Luiz Felipe Scolari has lost. This defeat is not of the team or the players; it rightly belongs to the coach. No doubt he is one of the best, but this time you didn’t do your research, Sir. You picked inexperience instead of seasoned players and boasted in the media that inexperience doesn’t matter. A thing proved wrong by time. Nothing beats talent and experience.
- As from my early days I have heard that midfield is the deciding factor mostly for any team. Did Brasil have a commanding midfield play? No.
- Having some ammunition’s in the pocket and still not firing them is bad and really sad. I don’t say include the experienced in the main team, but at least the squad? Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Kaka, Coutinho……none of them, you are joking right. May be they could have won or maybe not, but the game would have been a pleasure to watch with some beautiful dribbling, skills and the margin of defeat would have reduced considerably for sure.
- Neymar is definitely good, but he succumbs to pressure and I wouldn’t blame him. At this young age, playing for national team in the world cup is a different thing altogether. So how do you expect Neymar to win the world cup alone? He is an over-rated player, as far as I see. He is definitely good, but he is over-rated like inflation in India.
- Brasil has never been a defensive team. They always play attacking football. They split open the opposition defense with through balls and individual runs, dribbles and skills. That is what I term typical Latin American creative football. Brasilian team leaves a couple of strong defenders behind; the other 8 players are in the opposition half most of the time. This time what went wrong is their inability to attack and split German defense due to lack of quality players. All they did was dive.
My humble suggestions would be
- Please don’t underestimate the other teams, all the teams that played against Brasil gave them tuff time.
- Mix new players with the seasoned talented players. Let them learn from the experienced one’s.
- Keep aside ego, politics and differences, pick the best team. Keep a good back up always, you never know how much sooner or later you might need it.
- A thing that hurt me the most was Ronaldinho being avoided from the squad. He is a legend. None of the players in Brasilian squad matched him or his unbeaten talent. I hope he is there for the next world cup squad if he hasn’t retired,at least. What a mistake and a shame!
- Last but not the least, never have a team with one star player and people going crazy behind him. If he fails the team fails.
All in all, it was a game which Germans deserved to win and by this margin or more due to lack of quality that Brasilian players exhibited. I hope rather than getting demotivated, they come up strong and play better football and shame the critics. Let the people say what they have to but my favorite team is undoubtedly the world’s best and the most creative side ever.
All the best guys for the next match, third place awaits you 🙂 Vamos la’ Brasil…
PS : Couple of words to the people of my country who has never seen a football pitch and who sit back and make all this bullshit, it’s really tuff to go out there and play 90 mins. You guys seriously seem to have a serious problem. It takes special talent to even control that puny ball, run around for 90 minutes and play football. I have written this post cos I used to be a footballer myself in the past and I have cracked under pressure playing for a club match at 16, and every competition I played. I know what being total blank in the field is and how it feels! There is nothing shameful than sitting back and taking a dig at somebody without knowing what it actually means to be out there. Even the Sharapova incident… Lol on our country men. You don’t know a heck about sports. You guys say Brasil got raped by Germans, I say Germans displayed talent to win the match. How can winning the match be raping? Rape is for the weak, lets save that for our countrymen, please. I don’t buy any of your comments, save it for the weak who would want to stop following Brasil after that match. I would cheer for Brasil till my country, India shows up in the world cup. Until then it’s you Brasil, you have my heart and my wishes 🙂