This post is really special to me for two reasons
- It is my 150th post in this space, over a span of 1 year and 7 days. So I would like to thank you all for putting up with me and my
- This post is a special mention to the number of awards I have received for the past couple of months, and I want to take a moment to thank you all for considering me for the award.
I have not been able to write a post for each award that I have received for the past couple of months, but then I came up with ‘The Wall of Fame’ idea in order to dedicate a space in my blog for all of you who think I and my words/pics/travel stories are worthy enough of a special mention. It’s definitely an honor to be acknowledged by you all.
Amazingly enough, this blog has become much more to me than just a forum or a space. I have found friends here; some of them are in touch via mail, some people who share the same state of mind/passions/interests etc.
The only forum that beats this place is my automotive forum and people there. They are much more closer to me and we are a family. We meet regularly, we drive to places and we share personal and professional problems.
I am always skeptical of contacting people here or initiating a conversation. I don’t know why, but I am. So the point being, if I have not contacted you even if we are good friends here and if there is anything that you want to share with me, feel free to write to me. I would appreciate that.
My intention with this post is pretty simple which I will sum up in two points
- Engrave the names of people who have been kind to nominate me for an award. For any future nominations or awards I receive, I will use this platform to acknowledge it.
- Answer certain common, interesting question you guys have put up. As and when I find a new question to be interesting enough in any other nomination, I’ll add it up here and answer for it.
As for my nominations, I won’t be nominating anyone in particular. But I appreciate everyone’s work and I do my best to go through them as and when I get time. I enjoy doing the same.
1. Prakash Hegade : Premio Dardos Award
2. Ruby Singh : Very Inspiring Blog Award
3. Akanksha Varma : Liebster Award
4. Archita Rai : Liebster Award
5. Negative thinker : Versatile Blogger Award
6. Negative thinker : Very Inspiring Blogger Award
7. Urvinegi : Versatile Blogger Award and Creative Blogger Award
8. Akanksha : Blog Tour Awards (Wishing her a very happy birthday too in advance)
9. Kritika : Creative Blogger Award
10. pcb : First post challenge
11. Prakash : Brotherhood of the World Award.
12. Negative thinker : Starlight Blogger Award
13. TeNy : Sunshine Blogger Award
14. Shweta : Sunshine Blogger Award
15. Shweta : Dragon’s Loyalty Award
16. Ranju : Creative Blogger Award
17. Teny : Loyalty of Dragons Award
18. Akanksha Varma: The Real Neat Blog Award
19. Akhila: The Versatile Blogger Award
20. The Virtual Cafe: Blogger Recognition Award
21. Mal Raj : One Lovely Blog Award
Did I miss out anyone?
About me and other questions :
About me :
Nothing more than an average guy. Most of the time I have a thick stubble and I dress shabby. Hence you wouldn’t notice me even if I pass by your side. I am lazy to type the full names, so I usually end up typing/calling half of a person’s name. It works well with people, they also love it.
Apart from that I am a Mechanical Engineer by profession, but a very bad one at that now. I am pretty much into automotive world (except the technicalities) I love everything about it. I also love Photography, still learning the basics and definitely I love to travel. I pretty much travel on my own, and I love travelling solo…. like yolo but solo.
Who motivated me to start blogging? Why did you start blogging? Why blogs?
My motivation also to start this blog : Boredom. I have beaten boredom with the help of this blog and doing the same, with the hope of continuing the same in the future as well.
How many blogs do I have?
Two. Out of which one is not active. So practically only this one.
What was the turning point of your life?
Actually nothing that I can quote of. Apart from some foolish decisions, nothing at all.
The place where you find complete solace?
I find some when I am at home. Mom deals with few of my chores like cleaning, cooking etc at least for a few days, so I can focus on planning travels or something of that sort.
Who is the most inspiring blogger among your readers list?
I read everyone with the same passion, but then beautiful pics do inspire me, beautiful travel write ups do as well and so does amazingly written short stories. So if your blog has one of these, I am inspired by you.
If you get a chance to go on a country tour in a car, which car would that be?
Through the country side, I think a good convertible car would be amazing, with the roof open. Mazda MX-5 Miata or a Jaguar F-type would be perfect. That will be a great summer spent well.
What is more important to you: career or relationship and why?
Relationship it should be. I have never been a career oriented guy anyways till today.
If you are confronted with a genie, what will be those 3 wishes you’d ask for?
Peace, a super bike and a super car in the respective order.
How do you define beauty?
Something that never fails to amaze me. A good photograph, a good car/motorbike with a character.
According to you, which is the most beautiful place on Earth?
As much as I wish to say Europe, I still have to give it to Kerala. But keeping the sentiments aside, it shall be Europe for me any day.
How long do you intend to continue with your blogging?
No answer to that I am afraid. I do see the risks of stopping in between. I don’t call myself a writer or a poet. So I am making merry while it lasts.
What do you want from life?
I have no clue of this one.
What’s your secret fantasy?
The answer is in the question, it’s a secret.
What is your favorite color and why?
I like Black and I opt to have black more often surrounding me. I love Green as well. Black because it is the most powerful color of the lot but the most hated as well, and Green because I love nature.
What do you believe is humans’ greatest strength?
The ability to think and act accordingly.
What’s the first thing that comes to your mind every morning when you wake up?
Another day wasted.
A trip with your best friend or a brunch with good friends?
Trip, trip and trip
How does my creativity work or how do I write?
Just type down as the words come from within and I can type relatively fast. I don’t see myself as a very creative person, so all of this is just idle mind at work.
Which was my first post?
First post: Cry of ailing planet
Genre : Short story
Reason for writing : There is something about stories that I love. I also think that I have many real life experiences that aid me in writing short stories. Also laziness contributes in keeping it a short story.
Nothing like reading a good short story (writing one also) 😉
Bike or car?
Sunny evening, five best friends and what?
A lot of memories over a pint of beer maybe 😉
You and your only best friend. Walk or a movie or other?
Walk or a short motorbike trip.
How good a chef are you?
Been living alone for quite a while. I can make my food.
Short and crisp or long and descriptive?
Short and crisp.
What is your biggest dream?
Dreams keep changing, hence the next ‘not’ achieved dream happens to be my biggest dream. Right now, I dream of owning a sports bike, in India or somewhere.
Between cricket and football, what would you choose?
Gracias, my dearest amigos and amigas for the kindness bestowed upon me.