So here goes the RULES of this challenge:
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
My nominees for this little challenge
I can nominate quite a few more but then let me stop it here, else I would keep on typing till tomorrow. So guys get your stop watch and MS word ready before you start
The topic I was given was ‘The Train Journey’ and my attempt is as follows.
The Train Journey
I have written a post on this way before in 2014 I believe. Trains were an important part of my life. Partly cos I grew up in Mumbai and partly cos I was not a Mumbaikar but a Keralite. I used to visit my grandparents once in a year; train journeys it was. Most of my journeys with parents were those interstate journeys.
One fine thing that happened in life was that once during such a journey my father lost his briefcase. Right in front of my eyes somebody nicked it and I my cousin and mom were unable to do nothing about it. That entired changed my life for good. Our life actually. We remember how hard it was to lose a brief case and a lot of money in it. I was still young then. Train journey s have given good memories as well in the form of friends and places. One of those times I did a stupid thing of stepping out of all the stations to just make sure that I have left a mark every place that the train had taken us. How stupid can people be? I was right from then a nut case.
No of words : 200
Timer set : 5 minutes
Mistakes : Tons of – punctuation, grammar, typo’s etc
The topic for the nominees are ‘Pets’
If anyone wants to join, please feel free to do so.